If everything is hackable in a digital world and the behavior of each individual is increasingly decisive for highest security levels in the company, then there are only two ways to protect yourself: firstly, with products from our Physical IT Security Line - from webcam covers and privacy screens to radiation-proof smartphone bags to ward off spying attempts - and secondly, with a change in behavior, possibly supported by training, apps or professional monitoring systems. The products of our Physical IT-Security Line are at your disposal – preferably also with logos and messages for your company - but the change of behavior does not come by itself. This is exactly where internal and external campaigns come into play.
Let's start with current examples from the real world:
- A German discounter equips all company laptops with webcam covers and privacy screens. Unauthorized persons should not gain access.
- An aircraft manufacturer enhances each access card with an RFID protective cover to prevent card cloning.
- An airline relies on security seals so that the luggage of airline personnel cannot be tampered with unnoticed.
- A Swiss bank uses radiation-proof smartphone bags. Focused employees should not be distracted by their smartphones during demanding work phases.
Each of these measures is helpful in itself, whether it is primarily designed for security, privacy, health or productivity. However, their full effectiveness only unfolds in conjunction with additional information, advice and training. Ideally, the information is visible on the applied tool itself, so that employees are confronted with it every day. A change in behavior requires educational work and practical application. That's how the company protects itself. But is that enough?
The second frontline is your home
What used to be difficult in the past is almost impossible in today's working environment - the separation of corporate and private security. The exclusive focus on business matters falls short. Here are two examples: If an employee is not careful at home and becomes blackmailable through embarrassing pictures, taken by a remote-controlled webcam, then company trade secrets are also endangered. If smartphones, today in many cases used for business and private purposes simultaneously, offer criminals chances for attacks due to inappropriate home usage, the employer will also get compromised.
Raise the barrier
Knowing that absolute security does not exist, the goal can only be to raise the barrier for misconduct and thus for attackers. Safety at work and at home are interacting and can reinforce each other with targeted campaigns. Every action in the company raises awareness for the handling of confidential data in general. Any action aimed at deliberate behavior in the private sphere also benefits the company.
Once doesn’t count
One-time campaigns fizzle out quickly. Sustainable safety requires endurance and regularity. What is needed is an action plan of mutually reinforcing campaigns that devote themselves to a serious topic at least every semester - or rather every quarter. Soomz has built up a wealth of experience in countless internal and external campaigns. Benefit from this, we will would be happy to advise you.
Doing good and profiting from it - what could be more pleasant? In an external privacy campaign, the originator benefits in two ways: It promotes and supports socially desirable behavior in its environment and at the same time conveys the image of a safety-conscious company. Ultimately, in addition to social responsibility, the commercial aspect is at the forefront here. Give the gift of security! It is not an end in itself, but a means to an end: More business.
Increase your "return on invest"
Against this background, some points must be considered to ensure the commercial success of your internal or external campaign:
- Who is the most important person? The recipient, of course. And for her the question is: What's in for me? That's why products in our Physical IT-Security line have to provide a very personal benefit for her - for your safety, your health, your convenience or status.
- Quality of all products in our Physical IT-Security line is not negotiable, but a prerequisite. Low quality means a lack of valuation and the benefits get turned into the opposite.
- Another pen, instead of a product from our Physical IT-Security line? Is this a great and smart idea? Business partners who approach the topic of security & privacy with a sustainable concept make a lasting impression. After all, a smart product from Soomz expresses not only cleverness but also decency and commitment.
- If you want to position yourself as an innovative company, then innovative products from Soomz work wonders.
- It should not blink and annoy, but still be around in the long term. The customer should remember your company with joy every day, so that he/she always knows who to call. Speaking of calling: You contact for the best campaigns is: +41 44 240 55 77 ([email protected]) and we would be delighted to design the next successful campaign for you.
Experience has shown that those who stick to these points will increase their “return on invest” many times over.